Mobile Applications and Games development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updating application

2 posters

Go down

Updating application Empty Updating application

Post  suz Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:45 pm

Hi All,

I have an application, i just want if we will add some features on the server side latter on then we can able to update our client side application accordingly but we don't want fresh installation of client on changes on server side. There are just simple update like editing pictures, adding text etc.

suz

Back to top Go down

Updating application Empty Re: Updating application

Post  Nishtha Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:51 pm

suz wrote:Hi All,

I have an application, i just want if we will add some features on the server side latter on then we can able to update our client side application accordingly but we don't want fresh installation of client on changes on server side. There are just simple update like editing pictures, adding text etc.

Hi Suz,

If updates are just of the kind pictures, text etc. Then you can define an URL on the client side that it will check after fixed interval of time for updates. And client will always maintains its state in application and sends it state to the server. And server can send the response to add or delete some picture or text on the client side. And finally client will update its state. Or You can also do in opposite way, you can ask the server to keep the state of all client and whenever client request comes it compares client state and system state and sends the response accordingly.

Thanks
Nishtha

Nishtha

http://sahil-bedi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down