pls help on bluetooth

Go down

pls help on bluetooth

Post  shashibang on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:49 am

i am doing a own project "BLUETOOTH ENABLED OFFICE"
i need few queries regarding my project

# the key concept of my project is of the following
connectivity

bluetooth enabled phone--->PC(bluetooth
enabled)---->server

1)pc should detect the bluetooth enabled phone(which
is carried by an employee in an office) and note its
ID(obviously his in-time and out-time) and should send
it to the server

2)server should monitor the database and should send
the tasks(job that the employee should do on that
present day) to the pc and to the bluetooth enabled
phone)

# please tell me the platform to use

#what kind of tables i have to use using DB2/DB2
EXPRES-C
(few tables of my knowledge are--
---list of devices
---list of pcs
---status of devices and pcs)
please suggest some more genuine

#how can i relate and on which module i have to use
WSAD,Eclipse.

please help in designing my software requirements specifications

shashibang

Posts : 4
Join date : 2007-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

pls help on bluetooth

Post  Nishtha on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:04 pm

Hi shashi,

First of all you can maintain the table of employee id and the bluetooth id, corresponding to the employee phone.
And whenever you pc detects some bluetooth device near it, it should ask the mobile for its bluetooth id and checks whether its your employee or not. If its your employee then pc can send the time to the server. And then server can decide the job of the day and send the response to the pc in the form of email and to mobile as OBEX ((abbreviation of OBject EXchange, also termed IrOBEX) is a communications protocol that facilitates the exchange of binary objects between devices) or you can also send job of the day to mobile in the form of sms too.

Feel free to ask further queries. I hope my explaination will help you in the feasibilty study of your application.

thanks
Nishtha.

Nishtha

Posts : 25
Join date : 2007-09-09

View user profile http://sahil-bedi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: pls help on bluetooth

Post  santosh on Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:49 am

Nishtha wrote:Hi shashi,

First of all you can maintain the table of employee id and the bluetooth id, corresponding to the employee phone.
And whenever you pc detects some bluetooth device near it, it should ask the mobile for its bluetooth id and checks whether its your employee or not. If its your employee then pc can send the time to the server. And then server can decide the job of the day and send the response to the pc in the form of email and to mobile as OBEX ((abbreviation of OBject EXchange, also termed IrOBEX) is a communications protocol that facilitates the exchange of binary objects between devices) or you can also send job of the day to mobile in the form of sms too.

Feel free to ask further queries. I hope my explaination will help you in the feasibilty study of your application.

thanks
Nishtha.

My suggestion would be to use text rather than Object Exchange beacuse it will keep the application simpler and portable. XML based protocol will suit well. XML is text only, simple and descriptive.

In that lines, establishing the uses cases (registration, sign-in, sign-out, receiving tasks, etc.) must be done first. Then the protocol must be defined. The server architecture, in my opinion, then will majorly depend on the protocol developed.

Santosh.

santosh

Posts : 1
Join date : 2007-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

pls help on bluetooth

Post  Nishtha on Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:44 pm

santosh wrote:

My suggestion would be to use text rather than Object Exchange beacuse it will keep the application simpler and portable. XML based protocol will suit well. XML is text only, simple and descriptive.

In that lines, establishing the uses cases (registration, sign-in, sign-out, receiving tasks, etc.) must be done first. Then the protocol must be defined. The server architecture, in my opinion, then will majorly depend on the protocol developed.


Hi Santosh,

You are very correct that Xml based protocol will be simpler and portable. But if Xml based protocol will be used then a client also will be required on the mobile side to understand that xml. But if server will send content in the form of obex then on the mobile it will come as sms and no client will be required on the mobile side.

thanks
Nishtha.

Nishtha

Posts : 25
Join date : 2007-09-09

View user profile http://sahil-bedi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: pls help on bluetooth

Post  shashibang on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:38 pm

hii friends.

thanks for ur active replies..i am having a doubt how to make connection between server and PC.in which means---either thru internet or LAN..could you explain the ease and diference between http and LAN(tcp/ip)

and please give me a example use case diagram format for this application

shashibang

Posts : 4
Join date : 2007-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: pls help on bluetooth

Post  Nishtha on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:55 am

shashibang wrote:hii friends.

thanks for ur active replies..i am having a doubt how to make connection between server and PC.in which means---either thru internet or LAN..could you explain the ease and diference between http and LAN(tcp/ip)

and please give me a example use case diagram format for this application


Hi,

I am not very clear with your question but as per I understand you wana to know the difference between the TCP socket connection and Http Connection.

So following are differences among them :-

TCP sockets: Reliable Connection. maintained (long-lasting) bi-directional data stream. small overhead

HTTP: Internally uses TCP, thus reliable. transaction-based, request-reply structure. no maintained data stream. larger overhead. slower

Feel free to contact for any futher queries.

thanks
Nishtha.

Nishtha

Posts : 25
Join date : 2007-09-09

View user profile http://sahil-bedi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: pls help on bluetooth

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum