Mobile Applications and Games development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whether SE k610i supports zooming or not?

2 posters

Go down

Whether SE k610i supports zooming or not? Empty Whether SE k610i supports zooming or not?

Post  Adeesh Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:06 am

Hi,
I have written a test application which simply test whether a particular handset supports zooming or not. But in SE k610i (which is a JP-7 phone) when i try to get the zoomControl
via

Class zoomClass = Class.forName("javax.microedition.amms.control.camera.ZoomControl");
if(zoomClass != null) {
javax.microedition.amms.control.camera.ZoomControl zoom = (javax.microedition.amms.control.camera.ZoomControl)
(player.getControl("ZoomControl"));

}

Above code doesn't throw any exception and get the zoomControl and when i tried to increase or decrease the zoom level via

zoom.setDigitalZoom(zoom.NEXT);

Then it doesn't show any effect. But same code works perfectly for SE k800i.
Can anyone please tell me why this is happening?

Thanx
Adeesh Jain.

Adeesh

Back to top Go down

Whether SE k610i supports zooming or not? Empty Re: Whether SE k610i supports zooming or not?

Post  guantana Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:26 pm

Hi Adeesh,

K610 is a JP-7 phone with advance multimedia capabilities(jsr-234) but many times phones just support restricted set of the API.

As you are confirming the availability of the zooming class, I would advice you to check the number of zoom levels supported by phone. If phone supports only one level of zoom then it wont work out for you.

Here is the sample code:

public boolean digitalZoomIsSupported(){
if(zc.getDigitalZoomLevels()==1){
return false;
}
return true;
}

You may try this in your test app and let us know the final result such that those who don't have the phone can be beneffited from your observation.

Regards
Guantana.
guantana
guantana

http://guantana.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum