Mobile Applications and Games development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any way to include the support for multiple languag

3 posters

Go down

Is there any way to include the support for multiple languag Empty Is there any way to include the support for multiple languag

Post  Adeesh Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 pm

Hi.
I have built a J2ME app and now i want to include the multi-language support in the application. One way to do is to declare the final Strings in the application and let the user choose the language and depending upon the choice show the corresponding strings.
Is there any API in J2ME which does this process depending upon the location where the app is downloaded?

Thanks..
Adeesh Jain

Adeesh

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to include the support for multiple languag Empty Re: Is there any way to include the support for multiple languag

Post  Nishtha Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:10 am

Adeesh wrote:Hi.
I have built a J2ME app and now i want to include the multi-language support in the application. One way to do is to declare the final Strings in the application and let the user choose the language and depending upon the choice show the corresponding strings.
Is there any API in J2ME which does this process depending upon the location where the app is downloaded?

Thanks..
Adeesh Jain

Hi Adeesh,

Using following way you can implement multilanguage support in j2me :-
1) Keep all the strings of one language in one file and the name of the file as the name of the language.
2) Now you can keep these files in the resources or you can keep few files in the resources and if in future your application start supporting some new language then you can also fetch that file from the server. In that case also the name of the file tells you the name of the languange and it contains the string that you will use.

I hope this will work for you. For more queries feel free to contact me.

thanks
Nishtha.

Nishtha

http://sahil-bedi.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to include the support for multiple languag Empty Re: Is there any way to include the support for multiple languag

Post  guantana Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:08 am

If the strings are relatively less, one may choose to keep them in jad. Then genereta the jad on the fly and include the strings in corresponding lanuguage based on "User-Agent" header in the request.

Guantana.
guantana
guantana

http://guantana.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down